|Q and A with Ra Abta|
Tell us about the recent jewellery design trends you find interesting ?
Trends totally depend on what and which segment you are focusing on. For weddings and wedding ceremonies the trend which is more in demand is pastel colors as summers are on their way and we keep on getting a good amount of queries and orders for pastel colors like baby pink, firoza, mint green, sky blue, light purple and so on.
- Why do you suggest the bridal jewellery be customized ?
I love customizing bridal jewelleries for 2 reasons.
- Bride gets exactly what they are looking for and what they are comfortable wearing on their main day.
- Customizing a jewellery is a very subjective subject which means what is made and customized for a particular bride wont be repeated for other brides and bridesmaids. This also gives confidence to our brides that whats there remains theirs and not copied or carried forward for other new brides.
- Tell us about your design style. What makes your collections unique ?
Every element, detailing and karighari makes Raabta brides and our products different and unique. We use a lot of wedding motifs into our pieces like bride, groom, tabla, shehnai, horses, elephants, flowers, kalash etc etc.
- What are the upcoming trends in the jewellery design industry?
Whenever someone asks me what the upcoming trends are, I reply, whatever brides want can trend. I have an experience where old designs trends a lot if a bride is comfortable wearing those antiques. Trends change every season.
- How would you see the year 2020 style: Classic? Contemporary? Casual? Vintage?
I personally want to see a mix of classic and vintage.
- Any other points that you wish to add?
-We were jewellery partners for Movies like : Veere di wedding / Luka Chupi / ZERO
- We designed and customized Chodas and Kaleeras for Deepika Padukone for her wedding.
- We are Jewellery partners for Made in Heaven Season 1 and Four More Shots season 2.
- We designed Alia Bhatts wedding jewellery for Manyavaar
- We designed Kiara Advanis Jewellery for manyavaar
- To name few we have designed jewellery for celebs like : Madhuri Dixit / Kareena Kapoor/ Bhoomi Pednekar / Alia Bhatt/ Kiara Advani / Tapsee Pannu/ Shamita Shetty / Sania Malhotra/ Tanisha Mukherjee / Kajol / Sonakshi Sinha / Tammana Bhatia etc etc.